There’s no doubt that massage is beneficial in many ways to both men and women. Be it for weight loss, relaxation, a higher sense of spirituality, or anything in between.
Today we will talk about yoni massage and how it can add a spark of electricity to the bedroom. You will also learn how this type of massage can heighten your senses, bringing you closer to the feelings of spiritual and emotional enlightenment.
If you’re looking for better sex, it’s important to build mental awareness, while also strengthening the emotional, spiritual, and physical connection between you and your partner. Yoni massage will help you achieve this.
Yoni massage can lead you to an exploration of the Kama Sutra, and different branches of tantric sex, helping to spice up your love life while also deepening your bond to each other.
Click to Jump to Section
What is Yoni Massage?
Yoni massage is a tantric practice and form of sensual massage that helps women to explore, understand, and become comfortable with their bodies. It can be done between a woman and a man or woman and woman, or even alone. Yoni is a Sanskrit word for the vagina that translates as “sacred space.”
Yoni massage is typically performed by a trained practitioner who focuses on sensitive areas such as the vagina, vulva, breasts, and stomach. However, a yoni massage can also be given by your partner. The woman receiving the massage focuses on breathing exercises, which help her release both mental and physical tensions. The result for the receiver is a better understanding of what brings pleasure to her body.
The benefits for women
While multiple intense orgasms can be a part of yoni massage, it is not the sole focus, and there are many other benefits. Here are the main advantages of getting a yoni massage:
- Overcome Trauma: Studies show that women who have experienced painful periods or suffer from painful intercourse have said that it creates a sense of mental relaxation and has helped them heal from traumatic wounds.
- Improve Sexual Relationships: Does your lady have a low sex drive? Does she fear intimacy with you? Yoni massage deepens the intimate bond between the two of you by creating a deeper sense of trust.
- Intense Orgasms: By learning what your body likes and becoming comfortable with it, you will be able to fully relax and achieve intense orgasms, or even multiple orgasms.
- Chakra Balancing & Healing: Tantric massage proponents believe the body has seven centers of energy, which are called chakras. When these chakras become unbalanced, it can lead to ill health and other unwanted conditions. Yoni massage allows women to connect with their root chakra, which mobilizes the area with positive sexual energy and helps to keep it balanced and healthy.
The seven chakras are as follows:
- Crown Chakra (Top of The Head): Spiritual Path.
- Third Eye Chakra (Center of the forehead between the brows): Psychic awareness and abilities.
- Throat Chakra (Throat): Communication, self-expression.
- Heart Chakra (Chest): Giving and Receiving Infinite Love.
- Solar Plexus Chakra (Stomach): Self Power, Will Power.
- Sacral Chakra (Vagina/Penis): Sexual power and relationships.
- Root Chakra (Base of Spine & Pelvic Floor): Physical energy, sensual & emotional energy, physical resources, and abundance.
The benefits for men
Guys, you might be wondering what benefits you can enjoy by giving a yoni massage to your lady. Well, here they are:
- Improved Connection with Your Partner: The massage will bring you closer to your partner as you work together, exploring her body and discovering what brings her pleasure. You may even be able to help her release some tension or trauma, which is sure to deepen your connection.
- Be Unconditional: By giving a massage and not expecting anything in return, you will make her feel empowered and like a goddess. And even though nothing is expected in return, it’s important to remember that the act of giving itself can be very beneficial to your own mental wellbeing.
- Better Sex: By learning what feels good for your partner, you can use this knowledge and incorporate it into foreplay and intercourse. But not only that, as you’ll both have a deeper connection with each other, it will naturally enable more intimate and passionate sex.
- Have A Healthier Partner: As outlined above, yoni massage can bring many health and other benefits to the receiver. And if the receiver is your partner, then having a happier and healthier partner in your life is also going to be beneficial for you, considering you likely spend time every day with her.
How to perform a Yoni Massage
While you can go to a trained yoni tantric practitioner, there are many benefits to learning this technique yourself. In the next sections, we will show you step-by-step how to give an amazing Yoni massage! If you don’t have a partner, don’t worry, you can perform a yoni massage alone as well!
Setting the right environment
Yoni massage, as we’ve mentioned, is not so much about getting to the finish line as it is about enjoying the journey to orgasm. You need to create an environment that will help to relieve stress and an atmosphere that welcomes the gentle energy of a healing massage.
- Room temperature: Make sure the room you perform the massage in is at a temperature you both find comfortable. If it’s too cold, you may want to use a portable heater. If it’s too warm, you may want to turn your thermostat down or add a fan. Just make sure it’s not too noisy or distracting.
- Dim the lights: Add some ambiance to the massage! Better yet, light a candle or two to create a relaxing environment.
- Play calming music: You want to play calming music that will set the mood right and promote relaxation.
- Privacy is key: Make sure the room you use is free of distractions such as children, phones, and electronics. No one wants to be startled during an intimate yoni massage. Having a phone alarm clock go off when the receiver is relaxed can spoil the mood. Consider renting a space to escape distractions if needed.
- Prepare your mental state: Since yoni massage is also an essential spiritual practice in tantra, preparing your mind through meditative breathing exercises will help to deepen your spiritual state and prepare you for the massage.
- Prepare your body: Before beginning a massage, whether you are the receiver or the giver, you must ensure that your body is clean. It’s also important to trim your fingernails and clean underneath them if you are the giver.
- Consider aromatherapy: Aromatherapy is another great way to set the mood right for massage. Consider incense sticks or candles that have a pleasant, relaxing scent. Scents like lavender, sage, white sage, dragon’s blood, coconut, and fresh linens are all great options.
- Set the scene: Consider adding calming environmental pieces to help set the mood for the yoni massage session. Some suggestions are fountains, crystals, or statues that bring a sense of calm to the room or area you have chosen for the massage. The small details make a big difference.
The importance of breathing
An essential element to yoni massage and ensuring the best experience possible is proper breathing techniques. Here is a breathing exercise that can be done to get you into a relaxed state for the massage:
- Sit erect on the ground or a meditation pillow with you and your partner facing each other.
- In unison, exhale deeply.
- Close your mouth and inhale softly through your nostrils.
- Hold your breath for 7 seconds remaining in sync with your partner.
- Exhale for 8 seconds through your mouth.
- Repeat this breathing exercise three times.
Begin the massage at the breasts
When beginning the yoni massage, you don’t want to start at the vagina. Instead, start the massage at the breast region, and slowly move onto her tummy and navel area. These are some of the most sensitive areas and full of nerve endings.
Using a high-quality unrefined coconut oil would be a good choice for the massage. Rub it between your hands to warm it up and then begin to massage her belly, slowly working your way up to her ribs, between the breasts, lower abdomen, and rib cage. Be careful not to put too much pressure, but at the same time, do not rub too lightly as this may cause a ticklish reaction.
When her body is warmed up, you can massage and caress the areola areas (ring of pigmented skin around the nipple). When her nipples are erect, you can begin to gently massage, caress, and lightly pinch the nipples.
You can also try circling actions around the nipples. Just be careful not to overstimulate this area as it can cause a reverse effect that may even turn her off.
Yoni Massage techniques
Now that her nipples are erect and she is aroused and ready. Now it’s time to massage her yoni or vaginal areas. Keep in mind that penetration may not be required at this time. The main goal is to focus on the other areas of her vagina, which will increase blood flow to the nerve endings.
Start by caressing the area around her clitoris but not directly providing contact on her clitoris. Your lady may have a certain threshold here because every woman’s clitoral hood is where most of her nerve endings are located. Perform small strokes using two to three fingers max. Make sure you pay extra attention to pacing your touch and be mindful as well as to how much she is enjoying the massage.
Explore with circular motions. Your circles should be larger the further away from her clitoris you are. Then begin to make your circles smaller as you approach her clitoris. Visualize yourself channeling the blood flow to her clit area.
When your circles have become so tiny that you are just going around her clitoris hood, continue with gentle, circular movements in this area. Do not move the clitoral hood, as this will reveal the sensitive tip, which may not be ready yet for direct stimulation.
Don’t forget the labia
One area that you shouldn’t neglect during a yoni massage is the labia. The labia can be thought of as the lips that lead to her inner vaginal area. This can be quite an obvious area, or it can be completely concealed by her pelvic skin. Every woman’s labia is slightly different.
The labia contain a boatload of nerve endings which make it another exciting area to ignite during the massage. Once you find her labia, you can trace your fingers around each lip. Be mindful to touch every nook and cranny here.
Push & pull
Place your left index finger and your right index finger on each side of the clitoral hood. Gently use a push and pull motion to reveal the tip of the clitoris and then retract it once more. In a way, you can imagine this to be like when you are masturbating with your penis. The tip of the clitoris is the female equivalent of your penis tip. Just make sure you don’t try a fast jerking motions as this does NOT feel good to women.
Apply only a little bit of pressure on each side. Make sure you avoid extreme levels of pressure on the top of the clitoral hood.
Start with a slow speed, and then as the massage intensifies, you can speed up your touch. At this point, you can start to play with various pressures to increase sensation and stimulation.
Even at this point, it’s important to remember that this is not a race to bring her to orgasm. In fact, some tantric yoni techniques avoid orgasm. However, if you would like to finish with an orgasm, the steps below should help you achieve that.
Now you want to start to combine all the techniques you have done so far, stimulating multiple areas at the same time. Start at the top of her vagina, and work your way down to the bottom, passing over her clit, lips, and vaginal opening. Then from the bottom, you should work your way back up to the top of her vagina, and repeat going from top to bottom and vice versa over and over.
You will want to apply more pressure now than you did before, and also adjust the speed according to what the receiver enjoys most.
You can also try two-handed movements. For example, use one hand will massage her clit while the other hand explores and caresses the vaginal lips. Try to keep your hand movements synchronized with each other.
If she is ok with penetration, you can use your other hand to enter her vagina. The G-Spot is a sensitive area which feels great when massaged. To do this, you want to move your fingers in a “come hither” motion, which will massage the top wall of her vagina in the direction of her belly button where her G-Spot is located.
How to give yourself a Yoni Massage
If you don’t have a partner or are unsure about trying it with your partner, you can still enjoy a yoni massage by yourself. You may still even be able to relieve any sexual traumas you have while massaging alone.
It’s important to be patient with yourself and take your time exploring and getting to know your yoni. You can also try any of the above techniques on yourself. If you want to perform a massage on yourself, here are some good steps to follow:
- Set yourself time away from work, family, and your busy life so you can focus on your yoni without distractions.
- Dim the lights and take a warm bubble bath to set the mood.
- Keep a journal nearby for when you are finished, and note down any thoughts or feeling you may have about the experience.
- Set your intentions before you start. This could be to release stress, enhance your intuition, or discover what feels good for you.
- When you’re ready, slowly begin to massage coconut oil it into your bosoms. Move onto your belly and inner thighs. Ensure that you play with different pressures and patterns to see what feels good.
- Focus on your breathing (see the breathing technique section above).
- When you feel you are ready, you can now move to your yoni.
- Trace your hands down your vulva.
- Move down the outer lips with slow, gentle strokes.
- Travel down the vaginal opening tracing and around the perineum.
- Use the techniques listed above to massage, explore, and pleasure your vagina. Feel free to orgasms if you want to, but it is not compulsory.
If you feel pain, numbness, or discomfort during the massage
Pause at the area that you notice is causing discomfort and take a long, deep breath. As you are breathing deeply, press gently on the area that is causing discomfort. And then as you exhale, release the pressure. Repeat these steps and see if the discomfort eases or changes in any way.
Give Her An Orgasm She Never Forgets. Try It Now!
Yoni massage is often touted as a form of energy healing. During a massage, you may recall some unpleasant memories or events that have occurred in your life. If this occurs during your massage, try not to fight or block out the trauma, but instead, just be present and know that it is part of the healing process that needs to happen.
Just inhale deeply and exhale slowly as you visualize and feel the traumatic energy being released.
You may also feel the urge to cry, anger, or have other unwanted feelings. Please allow yourself to feel any emotions that come, as this is all a part of the healing process.
Here are a few extra tips to consider for Yoni Massage:
When working with the clitoris
Many women have experienced pain or discomfort around the clitoris. You may have even shied away from a tongue or probing finger in the past. This is because direct clitoral stimulation can be too intense and instead cause more pain than pleasure for many women.
When working with the clitoris, try gyrating your hips, breathe deeply, make sounds, and apply different pressures, speeds, and strokes to discover what this sensitive area of your body likes.
When working with the G-spot
The G-Spot can be very sensitive, and at first, even a slightly painful area to work with. Women also often feel the urge to pee when the G-Spot is stimulated, which can lead them to shy away from pleasure in this area.
To discover the ungodly pleasure from this area, it is best to first massage around the G-Spot. The G-Spot is located at the front wall of the vagina on the same side as the belly button, about one to three inches inside. It has a texture that is similar to the ridge of your mouth.
Once the receiver is comfortable with stimulation around the G-Spot, the giver can then move on to massaging it directly. The G-Spot is also the area that can lead a woman to have a squirting orgasm if this is something you’re interested in. (Check out our guide to Squirting Orgasms for more information on that.)
Ending your Yoni session with self-love
Always celebrate your yoni massage with yourself or express gratitude to your partner at the end of a session. By celebrating what you discovered, felt, or achieved during the massage, you will attribute emotion to it, making you more likely to remember these positive outcomes.
Just like with winning a sports event, or passing your driving test, you should always celebrate your positive achievements in life, rather than dwell on the negatives. Yoni massage is no different in this aspect.
So if you were able to let go of some built-up tension, discover a new pleasurable sensation in your body, or anything else during the massage, make sure you celebrate it!
Enhance your Massage with Yoni Eggs
The use of Yoni eggs for sensual and physical health began thousands of years ago in ancient China. It has since then made a powerful comeback, especially as we enter a new age of spiritual wellness. Yoni eggs can help give you a stronger, healthier vagina, which complements the healing properties and other benefits of yoni massage perfectly.
The benefits of using Yoni Eggs
Here’s a quick rundown on the benefits of yogi eggs, and why you may want to consider trying them:
- Strengthening the kegel muscles
- Tightening the vagina
- Increase natural lubrication
- Treat urinary incontinence
- Self-pleasure and exploration
- Assist post-childbirth recovery
- Increase orgasm intensity
- Heighten the intensity and pleasure of sex
Picking the Yoni Egg that is right for you
It’s usually best to pick a yoni egg that you are naturally drawn to. If you are looking in a physical retail outlet, you can ask the person behind the counter for assistance if you want. If you are ordering online, it’s best to go with a jade or rose quartz yoni egg. You want to start with a small yoni egg and gradually increase the size as you feel ready.
You can often find that yoni eggs come in a set of three sizes, which are small, medium, and large. If you are new to yoni eggs, it is best to get one that is drilled and contains a string, as this gives you something to pull and remove the egg easily.
Bear in mind that you need to change the string often, as bacteria can build-up on it otherwise. If you are ready to advance your yoni egg practice, you can either attach another yoni egg or use a bigger egg. This will add weight and further strengthen your kegel muscles. Do not try to rush and add too much weight too quickly.
Cleaning your Yoni Egg
Before you begin your first yoni egg experience, it is imperative that you wash your yoni egg in warm water. You DO NOT want the water to be boiling because it may cause the yoni egg to chip or even break.
Once you have your yoni egg, you need to inspect it for cracks or chips. Let’s face it; a crumbly egg would not lead to a fun time!
Below is a cleaning routine you can follow that works well and ensures your yoni eggs are safe to use.
- Begin by rinsing your yoni egg under warm water.
- Wash with a non-scented, sensitive anti-bacterial skin soap.
- Rinse under warm running water and let it air dry.
- DO NOT use rubbing alcohol as it can aggravate the sensitive skin down there. Do NOT use vinegar either as it can deteriorate your egg.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and also add in a couple of drops of lavender and/or tea tree oil. Both oils are said to have anti-bacterial qualities.
- Bring the water down to a warm temperature. It should be warm enough that you can stick a finger in, and it does not burn but is still hot.
- Place your yoni egg in the pot of hot water and oils and let sit for 12-15 mins.
- Once the egg is cooled completely, scan for cracks and chips.
- You can now begin your yoni egg session.
You should clean your egg before and after every session. You do not need to complete steps 5 to 7 every time you clean/use the egg, but they are good to do at least once per month for a deeper clean.
In some situations, it is not advised that you DO NOT use yoni eggs. These include:
- DO NOT wear yoni eggs during sex.
- DO NOT use yoni eggs if you are pregnant.
- DO NOT use your yoni egg during your menstrual cycle.
- DO NOT use yoni eggs if you have an IUD.
- DO NOT use yoni eggs if you have a bladder, vagina, or rectal prolapse.
- DO NOT use a yoni egg if you have a pelvic infection.
How to insert your Yoni Egg
- Before inserting your yoni egg, please make sure to clear out your bowels.
- Find a place where you will be distraction-free and if you can shut off all electronics in the room where you wish to perform your yoni egg treatment.
- Take five or as many deep breaths as you need to in order to relax.
- Begin to make yourself aroused. The natural relaxation and lubrication will make it easier to insert your yoni egg.
- Lay down with your eyes staring at the ceiling.
- Bring your knees bent up with your feet firmly on the bed.
- Slowly insert the yoni egg into your vagina with the widest side going in first.
DO NOT wear your yoni egg for more than 12 hours at a time. If you have never used a yoni egg, you may want to start with 15 minutes and eventually build your way up to a longer period of use.
Kegel exercises help to strengthen your pelvic muscles, treat incontinence, aid recovery after childbirth, and enable more intense orgasms, to name a few benefits.
Below are some kegel exercises to try with your yoni egg. Remember that once your yoni egg is inserted, it is important to sit and stand up very slowly.
- Once you are standing, clench your pelvic muscles around the yoni egg.
- Imagine that you are trying to hold in urine, as this is what it should feel like when you clench your pelvic muscles.
- Clench the egg for 5 seconds and then release for 5 seconds.
- Repeat this for 5 to 10 minutes
- As an extra “wow factor,” you can rock-and-roll your hips as well slowly as this feels delightful as you perform your kegel exercises.
- You can also experiment with different intervals, clenching the egg for longer than 5 seconds, or trying quick clenches less than 5 seconds. Mixing your routine up from time to time can work well.
Additional Yoni Egg exercises
While yoni eggs are designed to strengthen the vagina, they can also be incorporated into exercises that train other parts of the body. This means that instead of setting aside time specifically for yoni egg exercises, you could make them part of your existing workout routine.
Here are four great exercises that can be done while using yoni eggs:
- Begin with your feet hip-width apart.
- Bend the knees and squat as if you are attempting to sit in a chair.
- Aim to get your thighs parallel to the floor.
- Squeeze the yoni egg using your pelvic floor muscles and hold for 5 seconds.
- Slowly return to standing.
- Repeat the exercise, performing 2 or 3 sets of 12 repetitions.
- Begin lying down flat on your back.
- Place your feet hip-width apart.
- Keep your knees bent at a 90-degree angle.
- Inhale deeply and engage your pelvic floor muscles to squeeze the yoni egg as you raise your hips.
- Hold for 10 seconds.
- Slowly exhale and relax your pelvic floor muscles as you lower your hips back down.
- Repeat this six times, or until failure.
- Lay on your back with your legs together and straight.
- Place your hands beneath your lower back.
- Lift your legs until they create a right angle at your hips.
- Lower your legs back to the ground slowly.
- Repeat this exercise, performing 3 sets of 10 reps.
- Use your pelvic floor muscles to squeeze the yoni egg while performing this exercise.
- Begin in a pushup position, but with your weight on your elbows.
- Lift your body and keep it completely straight, with only your elbows and toes in contact with the ground.
- Hold this position for 10 seconds while also tensing your pelvic floor muscles.
- Then lower your body to the bed and relax for 10 seconds, also relaxing the pelvic floor muscles.
- Repeat this planking exercise for 5 minutes.
Removing your Yoni Egg
If you have a drilled yoni egg, you can very gently pull on the string to remove it. Do so in a slow and controlled movement as you do not want to yank the yoni egg out too fast. Doing so can damage the sensitive skin of your yoni.
How to remove a Yoni Egg without a string:
You can remove the egg by squatting down and then pushing the yoni egg out using your pelvic muscles. You can also choose to squat down and use your hands to help guide the egg out if you find this easier.
If the egg does not come out right away, there is no need to worry. Your vagina is a closed system, so the yoni egg cannot get it lost inside of you. So breathe easy knowing that there will not be any embarrassing trips to ER. If you find yourself struggling to remove the egg, take a few relaxing deep breaths and keep trying again until you have some success.
You can also try yoni steaming occasionally before or after using a yoni egg. Yoni steaming is done by either sitting on a chair or a toilet that has a special bowl attached, which contains hot water and herbs. This then produces steam, which rises onto your yoni. Yoni steaming helps to relax and rejuvenate your vagina and reduces the pain caused by menstrual cycles.
It can also help your vagina to relax before you insert your yoni egg. This makes insertion and removal easier. It can also help to detoxify your body as the herbs in the yoni steam allow toxins to be released, improve blood circulation, and can even regulate abnormal period cycles.
If you are considering yoni steaming, you will need to purchase a specialized yoni seat which has a hole in the bottom where you place the bowl of hot water and herbs. Just make sure the bowl is not too close to your vagina, as otherwise the steam will still be very hot and may burn.
A yoni steaming session should last no more than thirty minutes, and you only need two or three sessions per month.
The sacred ritual of yoni massage can bring numerous health benefits and deepen the intimacy between you and your partner. Taking care of your vagina is always important, be it through massage, eggs, or steaming.
We hope you learned something new during this in-depth guide to yoni massage and yoni eggs. If you like what you read and think it could benefit you or your partner, be sure to give it a try!
Also, if you have any thoughts or opinions on the subjects mentioned above, please don’t be shy and drop us an email! We also have plenty of other guides on different types of massage, sex toys, squirting, and more, so please do check them out.