Life with your girlfriend isn’t ALL about rocking her world in bed. In fact, the best way to keep her happy and turned on is to turn on the charm as often as possible.
For some guys, that comes easily but others need a bit of help to get the ball rolling.
There’s nothing wrong with looking for inspiration on ways to be sweet to your girlfriend, especially if you’re not exactly great with expressing yourself.
Lots of guys have a hard time putting their feelings into words, but these tips – and suggestions – will help you know what to say and how to use these suggestions as a way to truly speak from the heart.
Turn on the Romance
Every woman loves a bit of romance, even if she’s not your typical girly-girl.
Finding romantic things to say can initially feel a bit cheesy, especially if it isn’t something you’ve done before.
But these simple lines will help you get started and, the more you get used to it, the easier it will be to say these things and even to come up with your own.
But, for now, let’s start simple. Before you actually use any of these lines on your girl, take a minute to think about how she truly makes you feel and select the things that come closest to your feelings.
That way your tone will be sincere even though you’re using stock lines.
- The day I met you was the luckiest day of my life.
- Every day we’re together I fall in love with you all over again.
- If I matched up every star in the sky with a reason I love you, I’d run out of stars before I ran out of reasons.
- Even with having been together so long, thinking of you always makes me feel like some kid who landed his crush.
- My life is better – with you and because of you.
- When I thought of what the perfect girlfriend would be like I never came close to imagining someone as perfect as you.
- The Beatles were wrong – love isn’t all you need, it’s the only thing there is.
- I wish I could give you the world, but I can’t. What I can do is the next best thing and make you the center of my universe.
- I’m a better man because you love me.
- When I think about the greatest things I’ve done in my life, winning you over is, by far, the greatest of them all.
And a few things not to say to your girlfriend
Keep Your Sense of Humor
Romance is important, but it’s nothing compared to a sense of humor. In poll after poll, women report that a good sense of humor is their number one turn-on when it comes to men, ranking higher than his looks and career.
These suggestions will help you convey how you feel but without getting too heavy. They’re perfect for your relationship as it’s just beginning to progress from like to love and also for couples who have been together so long, their love is comfortable and, quite frankly, in danger of becoming taken for granted.
Injecting a bit of humor helps keep things light-hearted but they also make sure you get your point across. Best of all, they accomplish the best and more surefire way to turn a girl on – they’ll make her laugh.
- I want to grow old and weird with you.
- I love you more than zombies love brains.
- My love for you is seriously on a crazy cat lady kind of level.
- I love you more than Romeo loved Juliet. Like, seriously, I’d get back to your place in time and avoid that whole double-suicide thing all together.
- I love you more than Hobbits love pipes.
- Being with you has turned me into one of those cheesy guys who never wants to talk about anything except his girlfriend … and I couldn’t be happier.
- I can’t wait to pester you every day for the rest of our lives.
- I kind of love making you crazy.
- I’m eternally amazed at all the things you don’t find embarrassing about me.
- I love you more than Hollywood loves rebooting old movie franchises.
Make it Part of Your Everyday
Using every day and common example of your love helps to drive home exactly how much – and how often – you’re thinking of your girl. You can use these lines together, as you’re sitting and checking out Netflix or you can use them as texts to send her throughout the day.
Either way, she’ll know she’s on your mind every minute.
- You’re the password to my life.
- Whenever we’re apart, all I do is think of all the things I want to tell you.
- No matter what I’m doing, I’d rather be doing it with you.
- Every day I find myself turning to say something to you and feeling crushed when I realize you’re not with me every minute.
- During my day I can’t help but notice things that go together perfectly, like peanut butter and jelly or ketchup and mustard and all I can think is that’s just like me and you.
- I always feel like I’m missing something when your hand isn’t in mine.
- Being with you makes me wish there was a Pause button for streaming real life.
- Everything else I do is just a way to keep me distracted until we can be together again.
- I was having the worst day today, then checked my phone, saw your picture and suddenly, everything is looking up.
- I think that old line about a picture being worth a thousand words has it all wrong. When I look at your picture I only think of three – I Love You.
These suggestions will help you find the confidence and courage to talk about how you feel. Using them as a springboard, you can adapt and tailor them to perfectly fir your own relationship or work in some of your inside jokes to really make them hit home.
Finding cute things to say to your girlfriend can be difficult for guys, especially if they aren’t used to expressing themselves. But the payoff is well worth it. A girl who knows just how loved she is by her boyfriend is a happier and more relaxed girl, making your relationship even better thanks to a few simple words.